About Oracle Database 11g SQL Tuning Workshop:
This Oracle Database 11g: SQL Tuning Workshop Release 2 training assists database developers, DBAs and SQL developers in identifying and tuning inefficient SQL statements. You'll explore investigative methods to reveal varying levels of detail about how the Oracle database executes the SQL statement; this helps you determine the root causes of the inefficient SQL statements.
In this course you will learn to:
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Interpret execution plans, and the different ways in which data can be accessed.
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture
- Introduction to SQL Tuning
- Introduction to the Optimizer
- Interpreting Execution Plans
- Application Tracing
- Optimizer: Table and Index Operations
- Optimizer Join Methods
- Optimizer: Other Operators
- Case Study: Star Transformation
- Optimizer Statistics
- Using Bind Variables
- Using SQL Tuning Advisor
- Using SQL Access Advisor
- Using Automatic SQL Tuning
- SQL Performance Management
- Identify poorly performing SQL
- Trace an application through its different levels of the application architecture
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Define how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- List the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best